In this article we will cover all the documents required to carry for both in person visa stamping interview and dropbox appointment.
Document Checklist for Inperson Visa Stamping
- All of your passports (both current and expired ones).
- All of your I797A (original and a photocopies of each).
- Recent LCA copy.
- At least 3 recent paystubs.
- W2 of the previous year (photocopies are fine).
- Atleast two U.S Passport size photos
- Employment verification letter from your employer.
- If working for a client then additionally you will need to get a client letter.
- If working for a small firm then their tax documents.
- If student then I20's and OPT EAD.
- Transcripts from your universities.
- Copy of your I140 if approved.
- If married then marriage certificate.
- Copy of DS160.
- Resume (make sure it matches the job title that is given in the LCA)
- Interview appointment confirmation copy.
- Transparent file to place all of these documents.
While you go for an in-person interview you can carry all of these, most of the above items are safe to have and will not be asked for everyone.
I would also strongly recommend the same documents to be carried for anyone who has a dropbox appointment too, you will be allowed to add even an extra paper if its not in the dropbox checklist. If you are issued with 221(g) and called for an in person interview then it will delay your stay further collecting all the above documents, so better to have it while you travel.
Prepare for all possible questions. Good luck.
Tips: Use bookmarks just like in the article image to pull out the document like a pro.